Opportunities at ISR
ISR is looking to hire a qualified junior to intermediate professional with project experience related to the nuclear industry. The successful candidate should have a functional knowledge of emergency response planning, radiation safety and protection, and environmental impact assessment.
Some of the anticipated duties of this position include:
- Perform and support scientific and technical project work for nuclear safety studies and assessment;
- Supporting the development of high quality technical reports;
- Perform analyses, scientific calculations and run simulation codes, including: MCNP, COSYMA, IMPACT and MACCS;
- Provide technical support to ISR's marketing and project management, as required;
- Participating, as part of a project team, in conducting technical analyses of both real and simulated nuclear emergencies; and
- Supporting the development of risk assessments as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Undergraduate degree in Science or Engineering from a recognized university, with a specialization in physics and/or nuclear, mechanical, or mathematical streams. A graduate level degree in these or any similar discipline(s) is also considered an asset;
- P. Eng. or eligibility to register as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) is an asset;
- Minimum two (2) years' experience related to radiation protection, nuclear safety, nuclear operations or emergency management in a regulated industry (petrochemical, aviation, etc.);
- Must be able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members, clients, and regulators;
- Experience and proficiency in writing technical documents (this skill may be assessed through a practical test);
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Ability to think independently and provide insight and solutions to complex problems;
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint (these skills may be assessed through a practical test);
- Must be eligible for a secret-level government security clearance;
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally and internationally; and
- Experience in emergency operations is considered an asset.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, send your resume in either MS Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an initial interview will be contacted.
Please reference Junior/Intermediate Engineer in the subject line of your application.