Opportunities at ISR
Junior/Intermediate Emergency Management Planner/Coordinator
International Safety Research Inc. (ISR) is looking to hire a qualified junior to intermediate professional with strong project leadership skills to support our growing emergency management and defence business area. The ideal candidate should have an undergraduate degree (preferably in science or engineering) and a graduate certificate in Emergency Management (EM). Experience within the national security, defence or emergency response communities would also be an asset.
Some of the anticipated duties of this position would include:
- Supporting the technical development of all-hazards emergency management exercises (including radiological and nuclear scenarios) including the development of high quality technical reports;
- Managing projects while working as part of a team of employees and subcontractors;
- Participating, as part of a project team, in conducting technical analyses of both real and simulated emergencies; and
- Supporting the development of risk assessments as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in science or engineering);
- A College level Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management or similar discipline (e.g., Police and Protective Services) or direct experience in emergency management or response;
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other technical and non-technical team members, customers, and regulators;
- Experience and proficiency in writing technical documents (this skill may be assessed through a practical test);
- Ability to think independently and provide insight and solutions to complex problems;
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint (these skills may be assessed through a practical test);
- Must be eligible for a secret-level government security clearance. A current Government of Canada Secret clearance is an asset;
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally and internationally;
- Experience in government or military operations is an asset;
- Experience in emergency operations within government is considered an asset; and
- Bilingualism (i.e., English and French) is considered an asset.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, send your resume in either MS Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an initial interview will be contacted.
Please reference Junior/Intermediate Emergency Management Planner/Coordinator in the subject line of your application.